Subject: Re: booting on 630!!
To: Qaz <marco@coos.dartmouth.edu>
From: Colin Wood <ender@is.rice.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/03/1996 11:29:49
> Got it working, the problem was with the A/UX partition, i created it
> with silver, and it was a 3.0 partition. I was reading the web page and
> found that you have to use A/UX setup 2.0. Once this was done it started
> to work fine..

The newest version of Mkfs should actually make this procedure
unnecessary.  It should be able to handle any kind of partition you give
it, whether it's A/UX or not.

> This brings me to another question..  I have 36MB of RAM, how big shoul
> my swap be? currently i have 550 to A/UX root & usr, 18 to swap, and i
> have about 650 as a mac partition..

The usual recommendation is to have swap = 2 * RAM.  However, I have
about 28 MB of RAM at the moment and only 20 MB or so of swap.  As soon
as I get a new drive, I'll probably up the swap to the full 56 MB or so
that it "should" be.  Keep in mind though, that with 36 MB of RAM, you
have to be doing a lot of stuff to make it swap (of course, running X
tends to count as a "lot of stuff" ;-)

I hope this helps.

Later.