Subject: Re: booting on 630!!
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Qaz <marco@coos.dartmouth.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/02/1996 22:34:49
>I am not sure the result.
>
>I heard that the following cases likly cause failure:
>
>        1)      ID of external SCSI disk is other than 0.
>
>                if so, please try ID=0.
>
>        2)      Mac partition is the first.
>
>                if so, please try:
>                The first partition should be "A/UX root&user slice 0" or
>                "root slice".  The second should be "swap". Mac partiton
>                should be absent or the last partition.
>
>                My partition map is
>                        A/UX root & user slice 0        176 Mb
>                        Swap                             40 Mb
>                        HFS                              ca. 41Mb
>                and each partitions are placed on this sequence.

Got it working, the problem was with the A/UX partition, i created it
with silver, and it was a 3.0 partition. I was reading the web page and
found that you have to use A/UX setup 2.0. Once this was done it started
to work fine..

This brings me to another question..  I have 36MB of RAM, how big shoul
my swap be? currently i have 550 to A/UX root & usr, 18 to swap, and i
have about 650 as a mac partition..

-Qaz