Subject: 605-475 boot troubles
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: john <webmaster@indra.seanet.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/02/1996 13:21:00
First off, even if I get this 680LC040 machine to boot, will it be fully
functional? I installed the recent tarballs from the eskimo.copy of
ftp.macbsd.com, installed some libm's that steve had (compiled for no fpu
macs).. and tried to boot it. It runs through the first intial set of
xxxxx+xxxxxx+xxxxxx, etc and then whips through the extra debugging info,
flips to a new screen which starts with (mapping whatever to something or
other) and hangs there. (Sorry about the vague info... I am not at the
performa 475 now..).

In short, is this endevour a lost cause at this point? My se/30 works great
(thanks to everyone who helped, especially with ppp and dt.)

And, what is the fastest mac that will run macBSD in a fully functional way
(I am building a webserver to hook to a T-1).

john