Subject: Re: me too: X problems
To: NetBSD/mac68k <usman@nwu.edu (Usman Muzaffar), port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ken Nakata <ken@net5.co.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/02/1996 08:32:37
On Sun, 1 Dec 1996 04:23:30 -0600 (CST),
you (usman@nwu.edu (Usman Muzaffar)) wrote:
> I have exactly the same problem.

No, your problem isn't the same.  There's a bug probably somewhere in
grf driver code that causes mmap() to fail to correctly map SE/30's
internal video frame buffer into user virtual address space.

Try replacing the X server (just the server file only) with the one
from puma (ftp://puma.macbsd.com/pub/NetBSD/X/colorkit/Xmacbsd.960512.gz)
and see if it works for you.  I've tested the server on my SE/30, so
I expect it to work for you, too.  Oh, do *not* delete the stock server
file just in case the above doesn't work.

Hope this helps,

ken
----
|	 NAKATA, Ken	e-mail: ken@net5.co.jp or masami@fa2.so-net.or.jp	 |
|Wanted to run MkLinux on your Mac but gave up 'cause yours is a 68k Mac?|
|See http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/mac68k for info on free UN*X on 68k Macs|