Subject: Re: Create Partition
To: Peter J. Cailotto <pkm@dedot.com>
From: Bob Nestor <rnestor@metronet.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/01/1996 19:46:36
>Sorry to start off so rudimentary, but I'm new to BSD.  I need to
>create my partition so I can boot this thing up for the first time.
>How do I create a partition?  Is there a program in my system 7 cd
>rom to create a partition?  Any help would be appreciated.

Use the disk formatter that your disk was formatted with initially.  If
you don't have one or if your disk is not an Apple disk you'll need a
third party formatter, or you'll need the patched Apple Disk Setup.  Most
formatters have an option for creating AU/X Partitions which is what
you'll need.  Alternatively you can create HFS partitions and use the
latest "mkfs" utility to convert the partitions into AU/X (or NetBSD)
types.

-bob