Subject: me too: X problems
To: NetBSD/mac68k <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Usman Muzaffar <usman@nwu.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/01/1996 04:23:30
Hi, everyone:
--------

Xamin wrote:

> when i do startx i get this:
> /usr/libexec/ld.so: xinit: libXext.so.6.1: No such file or directory
> any one know whats wrong? i couldnt find it in the faq. ld.so is in
> /usr/libexec/ and the others are lurking about too.

Colin replied:

This one is in the faq (although it's possible that the wording is a
little different).  Anyway, it's currently question 9.4.  The wording for
the answer is probably off a little as well, but it should be fairly easy
to figure out the proper way to do it.

Xamin re-wrote:

i followed the instructions of 9.4, ie:
setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH /usr/X11R6/lib
it still doesnt work, gives the same error as before. please help me.

-----------

I have exactly the same problem.
If I set the environemnt variable, it still complains that
it can't find libXext.so.6.1.

If I type "ldconfig /usr/X11R6/lib", then startx will begin to
load up, but after the message "Screen 0 at ..." it just hangs.

X11R6 used to work fine with netbsd 1.1; but I haven't been able
to get netbsd 1.2 and the X distribution that comes as "xserver12", etc
to work with it. Run generic everything, on an SE/30 20 MB RAM.

Please help! thanks!

-usman
usman@nwu.edu