Subject: Serial Console Ignorance
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Tristan Doherty <ristar@abacom.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/29/1996 19:14:42
  I just got 1.2 installed on my IIcx/20MB RAM and I'm trying to get the
modem (an *OLD* Abaton 1200 bps Interfax) running. So I have to get the
serial cosole working. Unfourtunately, I haven't had any luck in finding
any documentation on getting it set up. So when I check the "Serial
Console" box in the booter and try to boot, it gives me the following
message before it even clears the screen:

Error -5025 trying to open slot 0x9 video driver
Error -5025 processing video card slot 0x9 sRsrcID 0x90
Aborting on non-fatal error.
Warning - error -5025 turning off interrupts...booting anyway!

Some of the LEDs on the modem flash and then it completely freezes so I
have to restart.

If there is any docementation on Serial Console, I would like to read it,
especially if what I just described is due to a trivial misconfiguration.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Tristan

Tristan Doherty                      ristar@abacom.com