Subject: Re: Duo dock trouble
To: Christian Nybo <chr@mediascience.no>
From: Colin Wood <ender@is.rice.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/28/1996 10:36:44
> I'm using 's kernel for duo 230 to try to boot my duo 210.
> It's in a DuoDock now, with an external HD that contains the mac
> system.
> I've used all of the internal disk for macbsd.
>
> I get this
> message when booting:
>
> [ preserving 93836 bytes of netbsd symbol table  ]
> Bootstrapping NetBSD/mac68k.
> Getting mapping from MMU.
> System RAM:25165824 bytes in 6144 pages
> Low = 0x0, high = 0x180000
> no internal video at address 0 -- videoaddr is 0xfe100000
> Done.
> Bootstrapping the pmap system. Pmap bootstrapped
> Moving ROMBase from 0x40800000 to 0x9800000.
> Video address 0xfe10000 -> 0xb80000.
> panic: Unknown/unsupprted machine calss
> Stopped at _Debugger+0x6: unlk a6
>
> Is there anything I can do about this?
> Would it help using a minidock instead?

Hmmm.  Do you have any extensions loaded while you are booting?  If so,
I'd turn them off.  Also, are you in 32-bit addressing mode? (look on the
memory control panel.)

Chances are there is something else funny, like your hardware isn't quite
something anyone has dealt with yet, but the above might still help.

Later.