Subject: Re: Zip problems
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
From: P.D.Callaghan <pmpdc@cc.flinders.edu.au>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/27/1996 12:18:41
I Think that it may be something to do with the driver on the mac side. When I confirmed the boot, the system looked like it was shuting down (the zip findit program that catalogs came up, as it does at shut down). If this is the case, then it is just spitting out the zip disk in preparation for shutdown. This is just a guess though. The disk gets spat out again during the actual boot (it even continues boot without the disk in for a while), then complains about hte geometry, then shortly dumps me into the debugger. Is there any commands I can run here to determine what is wrong? I had a look at it, but I don't know anything about unix programming to understand it. It looks like the zip can't be used a boot drive unfortunately.

Paul