Subject: Re: Macintosh IIfx
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
From: None <briggs@puma.macbsd.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/26/1996 20:28:18
> No, the problem is that Apple has never documented all the IOP's (I/O
> Processors) which they added for speed. MacOS never used them. Only
> A/UX was able to get at them (with spectacular results, I hear).
>
> Not much more will happen until we get documentation on them.

Well, if MacOS was, indeed, able to run without much support for them,
it should be possible to run the IIfx in an as-crippled-as-it-is-in-MacOS
state.  No one has stepped up to see what even might be necessary,
though.

It _is_ a nice box and is great for running Unix, but it'll be near
impossible to get it running near its potential without more info on
the IOPs.

-allen

--
              Allen Briggs - end killing - briggs@macbsd.com