Subject: Re: highlighted text
To: john <webmaster@indra.seanet.com>
From: Isaac Salpeter <isaac@ticalc.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/26/1996 19:19:50
On Tue, 26 Nov 1996, john wrote:

> I have upgraded from macBSD 1.1 to 1.2, installed 4 more megs of ram in my
> se/30 (8/122) and installed pico as my editor.
>
> However, once I use more or pico all text from then on is "highlighted"
> (white text in a black bar). I tried installing dt (newest version on
> ftp.macbsd.com),  as I remember a post suggesting it as a solution to this
> problem, but when I invoke dt the screen goes white and nothing more
> happens- with a result I have to restart my mac. (The dt docs mention you
> need to "unset $LINES".. and I cannot find a reference to this in my new
> unix manual. (I am trying to learn..<g>))

The problem with DT is that you must use the old grf code. There's an
option for it in config.h that you must set. The binary that comes in the
DT tar is not compiled with this option and will not work. In short, you
need to recompile it. :)

It's really easy to do:

1. edit config.h and uncomment the line
      #define USE_OLD_GRF

2. make clean
3. make
4. copy  the fresh binary wherever you like.

-Isaac

--
Isaac Salpeter
the ticalc.org project