Subject: re: mac68k kernel for OpenBSD 2.0
To: Grady Drago, Senior Software Engineer x3247 <gdrago@fmis02.nsc.com>
From: Allan 'Norm' Crain <allanc@idea-inc.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/26/1996 18:18:30
On Tue, 26 Nov 1996, Grady Drago, Senior Software Engineer x3247 wrote:

> I really don't want to open up a can of worms here, but I am very
> curious about to the pros & cons of OpenBSD versus NetBSD. How different
> are they--how similar are they? Can anyone comment on the stability of
> the OpenBSD environment as compared to NetBSD?

According to their web page, OpenBSD/mac68k==Netbsd/mac68k. Basically, OpenBSD
swipes everything from NetBSD and then adds their own stuff. Don't ask me why
they don't just work on the NetBSD project... Probably political, or they want
their own glory, or something else like that. Generally, in their own words,
OpenBSD is NetBSD but with more stuff.
Allan "Norm" Crain |  allanc@idea-inc.com  | http://web.idea-inc.com/~allanc
"We'll have fun fun fun 'till my daddy takes the T1 away" --nby@idea-inc.com