Subject: Re: MO drives, Booter/Serial Console clash, etc
To: The Great Mr. Kurtz [David A. Gatwood] <davagatw@mars.utm.edu>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/26/1996 12:20:09

> On Tue, 26 Nov 1996, Bill Studenmund wrote:
>
> > Exactly. FreeBSD has the ext2fs in their lkms, and in a sys/gnu directory.
> > You can compile it into a kernel, you just can't distribute that
> > kernel to anyone else.
>
> Cool.  I don't suppose that FreeBSD lkm could be hacked easily to work
> under NetBSD, could it?

It could. I've never looked at it, so I'm not sure. But it probably
could. I don't know if the two BSD's have diverged much in the VFS layer.
Also, John Dyson from FreeBSD said he's interested in re-writing part
of it so that it's totally under a BSD-ish license. There are only a few
files under GPL, it seems. :-)

Take care,

Bill