Subject: Re^2: Problems during test booting
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Brian N. Pacula <bpacula@hooked.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/26/1996 09:45:58
>> > I got the Booter to execute a MacOS-side kernel, the screen goes white,
>> > cryptic messages zip by, the last one being "mgr: setup_egret: unexpected
>> > trap; vector offset 0xa from 0xa0210" before it freezes. I never get to
>> > a "changing root device to <whatever it is>" message. During the booting,
>> > all my extensions were off, and monitor was set to 1-bit. I have a couple
>> > questions:
>
>Allen's netbsd.quadra (URL is
>ftp://puma.macbsd.com/pub/outgouing/briggs/netbsd.quadra)
>should boot on a P631CD since it booted on our LC630 off a MacOS
>partition.  >They are the same thing with different name tags, right?

<shrug> NetBSD seems to identify it as a Quadra 630. With the GENERIC-12
and netbsd.quadra kernels I can clear the setup_egret: without a hitch, but
it gets stuck shortly there after on:

panic: MMU fault
Stopped at _Debugger + 0x6: unlk a6
db>

Anybody know what I can do about THIS?

--
Brian N. Pacula  [www.wenet.net/~bpacula]
"Shut up, Mr. Burton! You were not put upon this world to 'Get it.'"