Subject: Re: booting from MacOS
To: Brian N. Pacula <bpacula@hooked.net>
From: Colin Wood <ender@is.rice.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/25/1996 21:01:52
> I've got a Performa 631CD and I'm trying to do a test boot from within MacOS --
> I d/led the netbsd12 kernel, ungzipped it, and tried to boot but I always get a
> "This kernel is not in a format the booter can execute" message. What am I doing
> wrong?

What did you use to download the file?  Are you sure that you downloaded
it in binary?  Better yet, did you untar the file?  For reasons I won't
go into, the distribution kernel is usually in .tar.gz format, even
though it's only a single file.  I think there is a version of tar for
the Mac available, and I seem to remember it working pretty well.

Later.