Subject: Re: I got a problem with -current kernel
To: Scott Reynolds <scottr@og.org>
From: Arnaud Blanchard <jblancha@pratique.fr>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/25/1996 22:56:47
At 0:52 on 25/11/96, Scott Reynolds wrote:

> On Sun, 24 Nov 1996, Arnaud Blanchard wrote:
>
> > When I quit dt ( I type ctrl-D on all pty ) , or X11  ( I kill my WM)
> > It crash .
> > [...]
> > I got the same problem, with my own kernel .
> > I compile a GENERIC kernel with the DEBUG options.
> > Here is what I got, when I quit dt or X11
> > /netbsd:grfunmap(90):dev a00 ,addr 0x0
> > /netbsd:grfunmap(90):dev a00 ,addr 0x0
> > panic:pmap_remove : PA not in pv_tab
>
> Well, now, this looks fairly evil.  Something is unmapping (or at least
> attempting to unmap) the framebuffer twice.  On top of that, it's using
> the old map/unmap interface.  Are you using the latest versions of the X
> server and dt?  If not, please try that and see if you can reproduce the
> problem.

As I said.
I got this problem when I quit
1/ dt version 1.1.4
2/ X11R6.1 ( xserver.961105.tgz , this one than can beep :-)

I got this problem, for a long time...
I don't have any problem with your GENERIC-1, but I think I began.
to have problem with GENERIC-9 ( I can verify it )

PS: I just try to compile dt without GRF_COMPAT
    I didn't see any change, it crash but without the 2 /netbsd:grfunmap.....
    just "panic:pmap_remove : PA not in pv_tab" :-((
    I think I got a problem . But
       Is there anyone else having the same problem ?
       What can I try to fix it ?