Subject: Re: MO drives, Booter/Serial Console clash, etc
To: Nigel Pearson <nigel@ind.tansu.com.au>
From: None <briggs@puma.macbsd.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/25/1996 15:50:20
> * Anyone know of the differences between the 53C94 (which the Quadra 660av
>   and 840av machines have) and the 53C96 (which the other Quadras use)?

They're minimal...  One supports differential, maybe?  I forget, exactly,
but it's not much--I'll check when I get home and mail you directly.  The
big difference that might concern you is that the 840av and 660av have DMA
engine that would be very nice to take advantage of.

> * I read on the Mac Linux page that source code from our kernel is deemed
>   not acceptable for distribution by the Linux maintainers, and that the
>   code from the MkLinux src may not be either. Is Linus just being choosy?

There are two pieces of source for "MkLinux"--there's the MK and the
Linux server.  The Linux server is under the GPL, but the MK is under
a Berkeley-esque copyright.

> * Does anyone know what the story might be if I, say, used cuda.c from
>   MkLinux src? The file header says that it can be distributed if the headers
>   remain intact.

All of the hardware drivers are in the MK, I believe, and should all be
compatible with NetBSD.

-allen

--
              Allen Briggs - end killing - briggs@macbsd.com