Subject: Re: (1) grf0 not configured (2) compile q
To: Hans-Christian Becker <hcb@phc.chalmers.se>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/25/1996 11:12:01
> (2) I tried, just for fun, to build a kernel. In conjunction with this,
> several questions arose:
>
> (a) How do I have to have my PATH setup? Unless I specify the full path in
> GENERIC and files.mac68k (in the 'include' statements, I get the message
> that confing can't find the files. I tried adding various paths in the
> /usr/src/sys hierarchy, but no luck.

Where were you when you were doing this? I have all my source in /y1/src
(or something like that), with /usr/src a soft link there (and /sys a soft
link to /usr/sys). When I configure, I cd to sys/arch/mac68k/conf and
type config POKEY. The directory ../compile (sys/arch/mac68k/compile)
already exists, and all goes well. Are you trying to config from
somewhere else? I'd recomend not. But you can have sys/arch/mac68k/compile/YOU
a softlink somewhere else, or you can use the DESTDIR setup (which I
still need to learn).

> (b) I tried to build -current from the sys.tar.gz archive, but the build
> choked on some errors (don't remember where - I think it was some
> networking stuff). I'll try the new -current archive tonight. Is there
> anything special I have to setup in order to get this to work?
> (c) I looked at the 1.2 source directory on netbsd.org and its mirrors, and
> see files of the type src12/src12.aa etc. Stupid question of the day: what
> do I do with these?

These files are all a size of which 5 fit on a 1.2 MB floppy, and 6 fit on
a 1.44 MB floppy. Just read them in, and "cat src12.[ab]* > src12.tgz" to
re-construct the gzipped tar file. tar xzf src12.tgz will extract all.

Good luck!

Take care,

Bill