Subject: (1) grf0 not configured (2) compile q
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Hans-Christian Becker <hcb@phc.chalmers.se>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/25/1996 11:02:24
Hello again.

(1) Following the advice I got to my question about dt saying "grf0 not
configured" I tried the GENERIC-12 kernel. No difference - still the same
error. Have I missed anything substantial in the setup of NetBSD? I
followed the installation instructions and did "build devices" after
installing the BSD packages. Oh, and still no sign of grf-anything in the
boot messages.

(2) I tried, just for fun, to build a kernel. In conjunction with this,
several questions arose:

(a) How do I have to have my PATH setup? Unless I specify the full path in
GENERIC and files.mac68k (in the 'include' statements, I get the message
that confing can't find the files. I tried adding various paths in the
/usr/src/sys hierarchy, but no luck.
(b) I tried to build -current from the sys.tar.gz archive, but the build
choked on some errors (don't remember where - I think it was some
networking stuff). I'll try the new -current archive tonight. Is there
anything special I have to setup in order to get this to work?
(c) I looked at the 1.2 source directory on netbsd.org and its mirrors, and
see files of the type src12/src12.aa etc. Stupid question of the day: what
do I do with these?

Thanks for your patience,

/hcb

P.S. To the person having problem with bash 1.14.7: It compiled right out
of the box for me, so there doesn't seem to be a problem with the
distribution.

---
Hans-Christian Becker (hcb@phc.chalmers.se)
Dept. of Physical Chemistry