Subject: Successful install.
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Uncle John <happy@dircon.co.uk>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/24/1996 14:16:42
Well, last night I downloaded the binaries for 1.2, backed up appropriate
parts of my 1.1A installation, and reinstalled 1.2 on my LCIII this
morning. Grabbed the GENERIC-12 kernel too, and installed that.

Excellent - works first time, painless installation, and not bad speed
either. Now to go get X again ;-)

Nice one all involved.

And grat.thanks to the *hero* who updated the Installer to allow selection
of multiple binaries for installation. Selected the lot, clicked 'Done' and
went out for the morning. Came back, ran unix. Cool ;)

The booter's looking more friendly too; though if you don't have the "Don't
warn about untested system" box checked, it says (on the original netbsd12
kernel) that it hasn't been tested - [Boot anyway] or [[Stop Boot]]  (Stop
being the default). Click "Boot Anyway" and it stops... ;) Not a serious
bug though.

The easiest installation yet!

John.

                     "It's not a Bug(TM) it's a Feature"

 ["Bug" is a registered trademark of Microsloth Corp. All wrongs reserved]

    +-+-+ Admin on Monochrome (telnet 138.40.17.10 for more details) +-+-+
                  Email tugs@mono.org || happy@dircon.co.uk