Subject: Re: Questions, Quistions, Quostions
To: Aaron Mansheim <a-manshe@runet.edu>
From: Joel Klecker <jk@esperance.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/23/1996 20:45:55
11/22/96 at approximately 8:34 PM -0800, Aaron Mansheim wrote:
Most of these questions are not mac68k specific and should be asked on
netbsd-users or current-users, but I will attempt to answer tham anyway.
Use ssh, more info about it can be found at <http://www.cs.hut.fi/ssh/>.
>What do I need to know about the supposed insecurity of Berkeley
>  networking programs, such as rsh?
ssh is designed to provide security for such things.
>How do I get my machine to access the disk less?
>  It's an SE/30 5/170, running X, with 20 Mb swap
<SARCASM>You're running X on a 5MB machine and you're wondering why it's
accessing the disk so much?</SARCASM> Seriously, get more memory. Now.

--
Joel Klecker <mailto:jk@esperance.com> <http://www.esperance.com/>
Maintainer of the comp.sys.mac.comm FAQ (updated version coming soon)