Subject: Re: Mouse Buttons under X
To: Scott Reynolds <scottr@og.org>
From: Stefan Schmiedl <do_not_reply@look_at.my.sig>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/22/1996 21:01:40
Scott Reynolds <scottr@og.org>, 22 Nov 1996 00:47:24 -0600 (CST):

> ... Maybe emulate buttons 1, 2, and 3 on
> Opt-Z, Opt-X, Opt-C?  (Opt = XK_Alt_L, regardless of which side of the
> keyboard it's on, as far as I can tell at the moment.) I'm not sure I like
> this, but if someone can think of a reason for why it's any worse than
> Opt-arrow, I'd appreciate opinions.

This sounds like a *very good* idea to me, since I am typing on an
US-Keyboard and do despise the use of 8-bit characters in my
NetBSD-half-personality (the Mac-half likes them *).

But then I would have to remeber which key does what ...

--
Stefan Schmiedl         <mailto:swsch@regensburg.netsurf.de>

NOTE: I am using a bogus reply address to discourage spammers. Sigh.

*:  A smiley with a split personality would naturally have to be drawn
    on two lines. But which line gets the nose?