Subject: Re: LCIII abd NetBSD
To: Erik Stokhof <e.stokhof@eurogentec.be>
From: Scott Reynolds <scottr@og.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/22/1996 13:53:54
On Fri, 22 Nov 1996, Erik Stokhof wrote:

> I am trying to install it to a Zip Disk. No problem there. However, when
> I boot, the process hangs after the HdWMsg (Hardware message?).

Could you be a little more specific?  Are you using the stock 1.2
distribution kernel?  Also, copying down the last few lines that you see
and including them might be helpful.  (Note that the stock 1.2 kernel
doesn't work on the LC III.)

> Somewhere last year, I had a working kernel, but I don't remember from
> whom or where, and the HD it was on crashed and could not be made to
> talk to me again. I seem to remember that the LCIII has a special thing
> about the ADB system.

I've compiled several NetBSD-current (post-1.2) kernels.  Any of them
later than GENERIC-3 should work on the LC III without any special
modifications.  You can find them on

	ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/mac68k/kernels/

or in the corresponding place on a NetBSD mirror.  I think the earliest
one left there is GENERIC-8.

--scott