Subject: Re: connecting via ppp
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Dave Huang <khym@bga.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/19/1996 10:44:51
On Tue, 19 Nov 1996, Scott Reynolds wrote:
> Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the 660AV use IOPs for
> the serial ports?  If so, the problem with writing a driver for them is an
> utter lack of documentation.  Historically this doesn't mean that it's
> necessarily insurmountable, but probably slow going.

I believe the 660av supports DMA for its serial ports, but you can still
access the SCC directly. I've got ppp running just fine between my 660av
and my pentium (a 57.6Kbps null modem connection), both running
NetBSD-current.
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 21 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++