Subject: EtherNet on cx
To: None <mweissen@cs.hut.fi>
From: Johan Carlsson <johanc@fusion.kth.se>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/19/1996 13:30:05
Yep, it's the guy who was looking for ae0 in /dev again :-)
Some time ago I asked:

>I'm running the 1.2 dist on a IIcx. The Mode32 extension and the Memory
>control panel are enabled, everything else is off. During boot I get:
>
>ae0 at nubus0: address 02:60:8c:ea:22, type EtherNet Card, 32k mem.
>ae0: warning - receiver ring buffer overrun

Then Allen Briggs and some other kind people (thank you) replied:

>What kind of video card?  It's likely that the problem is that you have
>video card whose interrupts are not being handled properly.

Well I have the video card right here, it says "820-0600-A MACINTOSH
DISPLAY CARD 670-" and "FCC ID: BCGM0121".
The EtherNet card just says "670-0210 08" and "ASSY 2680-08 REV M",
where the underlined stuff is written by hand (why are card vendors so shy?).

I searched the data base (http://www.macbsd.com/~spearce/search.html, kudos
to Shawn Pearce) and found two encouraging entries, one with Apple video +
unknown ether (that's yours, mweissen@cs.hut.fi :-) the other one with Toby
video + Asanté ether. In both cases custom kernels were used.

So, pointers to custom kernels or hints about offending lines in the kernel
source would be appreciated, thanks in advance!

/Johan