Subject: Re: about: caps lock
To: Aaron Mansheim <a-manshe@runet.edu>
From: Stephen C. Brown <sbrown@shellx.best.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/18/1996 21:38:35
>So capslock + shift = unshifted state? Ugh. I suppose that makes
>some sense when the capslock key affects the entire keyboard,
>but in general IBM PC-style capslock behavior is just AnNoYiNg,
>don't you think?

Actually, the capslock + shift = unshifted state is the default
behavior when logged in to the text console(ite) on either an HP-UX
or SunOs workstation(and possibly others as well).  I logged onto
both just today and verified that behavior.  When you start X,
the behavior reverts to independent, non-inhibitory capslock and shift key.
If it annoys you, just take that part of the "if" statement out.
Anything I post can be modified to your hearts content with no hurt
feelings on my part.

Steve Brown,
sbrown@best.com