Subject: Re: I've installed it, now what?
To: Jamie Le Tual <j_letua@alcor.concordia.ca>
From: Allan 'Norm' Crain <allanc@idea-inc.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/16/1996 22:04:32
On Sat, 16 Nov 1996, Jamie Le Tual wrote:
> I've installed the complete system (1.2) with the generic11 kernel. I've
> got the serial console working and it boots, and everything. I can't
> figure out why I can't even create a directory. It's telling me that it's
> a read-only system. My computer is an LC475, and the partitions I installed

It sounds like you're in single-user mode. When you boot it up in single user
mode, Unix systems generally mount the root filesystem read-only (because it's
a bad, bad idea to run fsck on a filesystem mounted read-write). Make sure
that the little 'Single user' box (under 'Booting...' in the booter app, as I
recall) is Unchecked. If it's still doing that, it might be that there's
something wrong with your filesystem that's making NetBSD upset enough to feel
that you should do something about it. Give us the console messages that pop
out when you boot up.
Allan "Norm" Crain |  allanc@idea-inc.com  | http://web.idea-inc.com/~allanc
"We'll have fun fun fun 'till my daddy takes the T1 away" --nby@idea-inc.com