Subject: Re: power key error
To: Johan Carlsson <johanc@fusion.kth.se>
From: The Great Mr. Kurtz [David A. Gatwood] <davagatw@Mars.utm.edU>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/16/1996 11:58:51
On Fri, 15 Nov 1996, Johan Carlsson wrote:

> >has anyone out there noticed that the caps lock key serves no function in
> >NetBSD? or is my keyboard just broken?
>
> Caps lock works for me (extended keyboard, IIcx, 1.2 dist). *But*, when I
> want to go back to lower case I have to turn caps lock off-on-off. No big
> deal, but maybe its a hint about something being a bit funny?

Did MkLinux by any chance borrow NetBSD's code for that?  The problem
sounds _very_ familiar....  I'm under the impression that it has to do
with the fact that the keyboards with hard locking caps lock send the on,
but no off, and then send an off afterwards, as do, evidently, the
extended keyboards of some varieties, but some of the others with the
"soft locking" caps keys send an on followed by an off, just like a normal
key would.  Can anyone confirm this?

Later,

|David A. Gatwood             And Richard Cory, one calm summer night,  |
|davagatw@mars              Went home and put a bullet through his head.|
|dgatwood@nyx.cs.du.edu              --Edwin Arlington Robinson         |
|http://mars.utm.edu/~davagatw -or- http://nox.cs.du.edu:8001/~dgatwood |