Subject: dev/grf* errors...quadra 660av
To: NetBSD/mac68k <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: g.a.tlapa <gatlapa@ix.netcom.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/14/1996 22:54:50
I was able to get netBSD 1.2 booted on my Quadra 660av... here are the
relevant details of my system:

internal video
16meg RAM
booter 1.9.4
GENERIC-10 kernel
dt 1.1.5

The problem I am having is that eventhough grf0 anf grf1 exist I get the
following message when I try to start dt:

%error opening grf0 (primary screen):devices not configured
no useable grf devices found

Here is what the listing for /dev/grf* looks like:

crw-rw-rw 1 root wheel 10,   0 [time]  grf0
crw-rw-rw 1 root wheel 10,   1 [time]  grf1

I have not seen any reference to grf0 or grf1 in the boot messages.

Any help toward fixing this problem would be greatly appreciated.

-Gerry Tlapa