Subject: Re: Current PB520, 68LC040 experience
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Erik Bertelsen <erik@sockdev.uni-c.dk>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/13/1996 20:16:53
To follow up on previous message, I followed an idea from Allen (thank
you!) and changed from the ncrscsi to the sbc driver.

Now the PB520 works (at least in single user) with a serial console.

I'm still in the process of transferring parts of the system from
my IIcx to the PB, but at least some of the changes done by Scott
Reynolds to the FPE seems to have helped as well.

At least, I can now mount my /usr partition, run fsck, df, du, ps
and some of the utilities that failed miserably on the LC040 with
the Japanese PB550 kernel made by Hamada.

This is just to report that some of the efforts made by both Scott
and by Allen seem to make the PB520 at least partly supported by
NetBSD.

- Erik Bertelsen