Subject: Re: MacBSD on SE/30 with Ethernet
To: None <DWM003@ACAD.DRAKE.EDU, port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ken Nakata <ken@net5.co.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/13/1996 11:48:56
> I just installed NetBSD 1.2 on an SE/30 with ethernet.  I am having
> a hard time getting the ethernet to work, it keeps giving me a
> memory bad error and something about invalid 64K.  What is the
> correct way to set up this machine for ethernet and for internet
> through that network?

That's actually three separate issues:
	1) how to get the ae driver to work with your Ethernet card,
	2) how to configure the card so that you can send/receive
	packets over your LAN, and
	3) how to configure NetBSD networking stuff so that you can
	send/receive packets across the Net.

It looks like you are having trouble with 1) and/or 2), but it's highly
specific to your system's configuration.  Exactly what card do you have
in your SE/30's PDS slot?  Plus, what are the precise error message that
you are seeing on the console?  I think you can save them in a file by
redirecting the output of "dmesg" command.

As for the point 3) as well as some portion of the point 2), I recommend
that you get the red book called _UNIX System Administration Handbook,
2nd Ed._ by Nemeth, et. al.

ken