Subject: Re: Performa 575
To: Colin Wood" , "Mark Murdock <fee@tetranet.net>
From: Bob Nestor <rnestor@metronet.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/12/1996 18:32:23
>What kind of Mac is the 575 (i.e. is it an LCIII-style case?)  I'm really
>grasping at straws here, but there was once a problem on LCIII's with 12
>MB of RAM.  For some reason, the last 4 MB was causing trouble.  Is there
>any way you can knock it down to 8 MB and try to boot it that way?
>Perhaps (keep in mind that's a long shot), this will fix the problem.

The 575 (and 577 and 578) is an All-in-one like the 520/550/560 except it
uses the '040 and 53C96 instead of the '030 and 5380.  The 580 variant
uses an '040 and IDE internal disk.

The problem with the 57x has been the mapping and/or video.  We've mapped
out the ROMs but have never been abe to get to far into the Kernel during
boot.  It seems to suffer some of the same problems as a couple of the
PowerBooks in this area.

-bob