Subject: EtherNet trouble
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Johan Carlsson <johanc@fusion.kth.se>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/12/1996 16:41:59
I'm running the 1.2 dist on a IIcx. The Mode32 extension and the Memory
control panel are enabled, everything else is off. During boot I get:

ae0 at nubus0: address 02:60:8c:ea:22, type EtherNet Card, 32k mem.
ae0: warning - receiver ring buffer overrun

I noticed that there is no ae0 in /dev, I guess it should be. I tried
logging out and running "Build Devices" from the Installer (v1.1) again
but to no avail. I then checked the MAKEDEV script but no ae0 there either.
I edited the files in /etc (hostname.ae0 etc.) anyway in accordance with
the instructions that appeared on this list some time ago, but that made
no difference.

I tested enet by pinging both to and from the cx but only got time-outs,
the card works fine from the MacOS side.

Pretty please, sugar on top, help!

/Johan