Subject: Re: Ethernet Woes
To: John P. Wittkoski <jpw@netscape.com>
From: Rob Pelkey <mercutio@rpelkey.bates.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/11/1996 22:39:55
On Mon, 11 Nov 1996, John P. Wittkoski wrote:

> Rob,
> The bad news:
> None of the SCSI ethernet adaptors (Cabletron, Xircom, and
> Dayna models come to mine) are currently supported.
>
> The good news:
> The Cabletron SCSI ethernet boxes should be the easiest of
> all the models to write a driver for, since there is a
> document on Cabletron's ftp server that describes the exact
> SCSI commands that can be used to talk to the box.
>
> The file is:
> ftp://ftp.ctron.com/pub/apple.dni/misc/scsi.txt

I've known about the file for some time, and would be interested in
working on a driver, but I:  (1) have little time to work on it (don't we
all), especially a busy semester at school to put behind me...  and (2) I
don't have a working compiler setup for MacBSD right now - I wiped MacBSD
from the 80 MB drive on my Performa 460 to make way for a CS project.

In any event, I'll be poking around the sources in an attempt to convince
myself that this would be a simple thing to do...

							Rob

--
<!--  Rob Pelkey <rpelkey@bates.edu> - http://www.bates.edu/~rpelkey/  -->
<!--  Professional Web Dude                 "God is dead" - Nietzsche  -->