Subject: Re: Ethernet Woes
To: Rob Pelkey <mercutio@rpelkey.bates.edu>
From: John P. Wittkoski <jpw@netscape.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/11/1996 15:58:53
Rob Pelkey wrote:

> Also, I have a Cabletron EA412 external SCSI ethernet adapter.  I thought
> I heard once that this adapter is supported...  any truth to this?

Rob,
The bad news:
None of the SCSI ethernet adaptors (Cabletron, Xircom, and
Dayna models come to mine) are currently supported.

The good news:
The Cabletron SCSI ethernet boxes should be the easiest of
all the models to write a driver for, since there is a
document on Cabletron's ftp server that describes the exact
SCSI commands that can be used to talk to the box.

The file is:
ftp://ftp.ctron.com/pub/apple.dni/misc/scsi.txt

Later,
	--John