Subject: Workaround for tell(), and question on pppd
From: Michael Hendrick <mlh@abu.b2.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/10/1996 22:34:42
While not a programmer I can usually manage to get most programs to
compile under NetBSD, but I'm stumped on the following line from an older
bbs program:

    while (loc = tell (fd), read (fd, (char *) &ut, sizeof ut) > 0)

Apparently there is no function 'tell' in NetBSD.  If someone could offer
another way to write this, I would appreciate it.

Second question is whether or not it is possible to use the demand-dial
option for pppd when you get a different _remote_ ip address on each
connection.  I tried putting my ISP's gateway (their router) ip# as the
remote ip in the options file, but pppd complains it can't negotiate that
address and exits.

--
    mlh@b2.org
(Michael Hendrick)