Subject: Ethernet Woes
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Rob Pelkey <mercutio@rpelkey.bates.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/10/1996 11:54:39
Hello all...

I've just installed MacBSD (GENERIC-9 kernel) on a Performa 460, with a
Cabletron ethernet board.

The boot sequence identifies the card just fine:

nubus0: slot e: DNI LC Ethernet Card (Vendor: Cabletron Systems, Part:
	E911X)  not configured

But the kernel doesn't seem to utilize the card as an ethernet adapter, as
all the ifconfig'ing in the world does not produce any results.  Of
course, the card works just fine under MacOS...  :-)

Checking the list of working ethernet cards on Puma, there are no
Cabletron cards on the list.  Any chance that Cabletron support has been
added since the list was last updated on July 1?  (I doubt it - I know
that Cabletron cards on the PC are not well supported under Linux, since
Cabletron tends not to release information on their hardware to the
public...)

Also, I have a Cabletron EA412 external SCSI ethernet adapter.  I thought
I heard once that this adapter is supported...  any truth to this?

Thanks in advance for your help.

							Rob

--
<!-- Rob Pelkey <rpelkey@bates.edu> \ http://www.bates.edu/~rpelkey/ -->
<!--  Professional Web Dude          \  #include <std-disclaimer.h>  -->