Subject: libXext.so.6.1 (was Re: DeskWriter...)
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Johan Carlsson <johanc@fusion.kth.se>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/10/1996 17:31:54
>> So could someone toss me their copy of libXt.so.6.0 or tell me if
>> something else is wrong?
>
>Isn't that an X library?  Try downloading the X distribution and looking
>in it.
>
>I hope this helps.

I have a similar problem (I think); this is what happens:

spock> startx
/usr/libexec/ld.so: xinit: libXext.so.6.1: No such file or directory

The file is there alright (in /usr/X11R6/lib). Any ideas?
I installed xbase12, xcomp12 and xserver12 (right after installing netbsd12,
etc. on a clean disk so everything is as vanilla as it gets). I've only
followed the instructions in the FAQ by Colin Wood (BTW, in chapter 9.4 the
path should be /usr/X11R6/lib/X11 I believe) including editing /etc/rc and
/etc/rc.local which run just fine (which should mean that the link editor
does find the X-libraries, right?).

Thanks in advance,

Johan