Subject: Re: Mkfs and Zip Drives
To: Mike Doyle <mdoyle@interaccess.com>
From: Bob Nestor <rnestor@metronet.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/09/1996 19:11:20
>The Partition software (APS) in the HOWTO file is no longer on the site.
>I'm assuming this is because of the commercial version.
>Does anyone know of a replacement software for the HOWTO? (not apple's)

Mike,

You can now use any disk formatter that allows you to partition a disk
even if it doesn't support AU/X (or NetBSD) partitions.  The newest mkfs
gives you an option for converting a partition into a NetBSD compatible
type.

But, if you're stuck without any softwre to partition this disk in the
first place you might find this handy:

>Disk formatters:
>
>APS
>     ftp://128.183.44.1/pub/mac/APS273.sit.hqx
>
>HD SC Setup 3.0.1 (A/UX)
>    http://www.euronet.nl/users/ernstoud/hdsetup.html
>
>Patch HD SC Setup 7.3.5
>   http://www.euronet.nl/users/ernstoud/patch.html
>
>     With ResEdit Open the resoruce called "wfwr" ID 67
>     Change the byte from "00" ro "FF"
>     Save HD SC Setup 7.3.5 and close ResEdit

-bob