Subject: Re: Undef symbol in libkrb
To: Chris Mason <cmason@ros.res.cmu.edu>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/09/1996 13:57:23

> /usr/libexec/ld.so: Undefined symbol "_crypt" in
> ksrvutil:/usr/lib/libkrb.so.2.0
>
> Looks like I get the same thing you do.
>
> I'm going to (uuggh) try rebuilding with -lcrypt.
>
> Shouldn't all this stuff be using sharedlibs?

It is! Try fixing libkrb (or breaking it!) and do a make install.
Most all of the programs will inherit the new behavior. It's just
that the loader won't load libraries needed by the libraries!

> Also, I get:
>
> cmason@ros:/usr/src/domestic# kinit cjm
> NetBSD Kerberos (ros)
> Kerberos Initialization for "cjm"
> kinit: Can't send request (send_to_kdc)
>
> I'm pretty sure my /etc/kerberosIV/kerb.conf and .realms files are correct
> as they work on other (although not NetBSD) machines.  Anyone have any ideas
> as to what could be wrong? (Bill, you said you had this problem before, what
> did you do to correct it?)

Do you have all the net routing setup? I had that problem when I didn't
have a default route.

My kerb.conf:
IR.STANFORD.EDU
IR.STANFORD.EDU auth1.stanford.edu
IR.STANFORD.EDU auth2.stanford.edu
IR.STANFORD.EDU auth3.stanford.edu

My kerb.realms:
.stanford.edu IR.STANFORD.EDU

Another problem might be that your clock is too far off (though I
think I got errors other than "Can't send request" for that)
net time.

Good luck!

Take care,

Bill