Subject: Re: Beep causing panic in quadra kernels?
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Hans-Christian Becker <hcb@phc.chalmers.se>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/09/1996 18:05:16
>Oh...  A _kernel_ bus error?  You should be able to set vi to 'nobeep'.
>I'm compiling a kernel for you to try, though, that shouldn't configure
>or try to use the ASC if it can't access the memory at probe-time.
Well, the line 'asc0 at ...' is gone...
>If anyone wants to work on the sound driver, please do.  The current one
>was hacked together by Brad and Lawrence after a little poking around.
>
>It panics because there's nothing at the address that it's trying to
>access.  Please try ftp.macbsd.com/pub/outgoing/briggs/for.hans and let
>me know how it does.
It does just fine. At last I can add myself as a user ;-) No panics,
nothing. Oh yes, the display is a little messed up (but then it always was)
when it comes to inverse video - the inversion won't stop until the next
inversion, so to say. Maybe "more" is at fault. Anyway it's just
cosmetical...
Thanks a lot!

>-allen
/hcb