Subject: Re: New kernel butting heads with Booter?
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Arnaud Blanchard <jblancha@pratique.fr>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/08/1996 17:34:11
At 1:46 7/11/96, John Wittkoski is rumored to have typed:

> Ok, I sup'd the newest version of the kernel last night

Me to .

> and did a clean rebuild (twice!) but every kernel I
> make dies with an illegal instruction before the Booter
> even loads the entire thing. That is, instead of showing:
>
> (number) + (number) + (number) + whatever then env dump
>
> I just get:
>
> (number) +
>
> and then get dumped into Macsbug, if it's loaded. A
> similar thing happens on both the machines I normally
> test with (a II and IIsi). All previously built kernels
> work on the same hardware. I haven't sup'd in a few weeks,
> but I did do a _clean_ rebuild.

Ok, I got the same problem when I try a Mistery Kernel ( I Don't
know what is special in this kernel, but it's a BiG kernel.)
2nd Problem : On my IIci20/1080 I made a small kernel ( 750 Ko )
              Before 1.2B, it run very well , but now when I quit
              dt or X11(R6.1 ) it crash with an illegal trap ?
              1/ Is there anyone having the same problem ?
              2/ Where is the problem ? ( can anyone fix it ? )

/A+, jblancha@pratique.fr

PS : Please, answer. I'm programming graphical stuff, and when I switch
     from graph to text mode, it crash, and I need to reboot + fsck :-(