Subject: Re: ktrace binary; -current status...
To: Chris Mason <cmason@ros.res.cmu.edu>
From: None <jbyler@MIT.EDU>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/08/1996 11:38:25
> 2) does anyone have or have the easy ability to make a copy of the "ktrace"
> binary?  I was going to use it to debug stuff but I don't seem to actually
> have a copy of it.  I understand it has to be turned on in the kernel, which
> is why I need to build a kernel.  If anyone has a binary, can you put it up
> for ftp somewhere (ftp://ros.res.cmu.edu/incoming/ if no where else is
> available)?

I put a copy of a ktrace binary in your incoming directory.  I think
it came from the secr11 distribution...  I had it in /usr/bin

The GENERIC kernel apparently has ktrace enabled, so you might not
have to compile your own kernel, unless you need customizations.  I
switched back to GENERIC from my custom kernel recently because I
needed ktrace (to debug kerberos, actually!) and it (ktrace) works
fine.

Kerberos, incidentally, seems to work OK, although kdestroy and klist
don't work- they give this error message:
/usr/libexec/ld.so: Undefined symbol "_crypt" in klist:/usr/lib/libkrb.so.2.0

Good luck!

-Jesse