Subject: Re: 040 compile options, partitioning, and FPSP
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
From: Scott Reynolds <scottr@og.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/08/1996 00:46:09
On Wed, 6 Nov 1996, Bill Studenmund wrote:

> > However, there is no routine to do this on the 68040 class of
> > machines (at least there wasn't pre 1.2 - has anything changed?),
>
> I think Scott's working on it. Though if you knew how to do it,
> I'm sure suggestions'd be appreciated.

To expand on my previous message, I understand this part of the problem
pretty well at this point.  While I did write code to get the physical
address corresponding to a logical/virtual address (trivial, really), by
the time NetBSD tries to figure out how memory is mapped, the 040 MMU has
been disabled.   Leaving it enabled has its own set of problems. :-(

I haven't come up with a reasonable solution for this yet.

--scott