Subject: Re: [Q] why IIci won't boot
To: Mamoru Yamanishi <yama@radical.biotech.okayama-u.ac.jp>
From: Scott Reynolds <scottr@og.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/08/1996 00:25:46
On Thu, 7 Nov 1996, The Great Mr. Kurtz [David A. Gatwood] wrote:

> On Thu, 7 Nov 1996, Mamoru Yamanishi wrote:
>
> >  enabled...".  I realy set 32-bit addressing ON with the mory conrol
>
> Sounds like 7.5.3 is faking 32 bit without doing things the "right" way,
> but I could be wrong.  Are you using mode32?

A couple of things to note here:

- I use 7.5.3 on a IIx
- I need Mode32, but that's because I have a IIx; I don't believe you
  can set 32 bit mode unless your ROMs are 32-bit clean, and if they are,
  the whole purpose of Mode32 is avoided

I really have no clue why this is happening, except perhaps that the video
card is confusing NetBSD somehow.  Can you boot using internal video only?

--scott