Subject: Re: Mkfs and Zip Drives
To: Josh Rosenblum <joshrose@leland.Stanford.EDU>
From: Bob Nestor <rnestor@metronet.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/07/1996 18:48:37
>	I have searched both the MacBSD and the NetBSD FAQ's for a
>solution to the following problem but have not been able to come up with
>an answer:  I would like to install NetBSD to a Zip disk, or at least
>create user partitions on a Zip.  I have gone ahead and partitioned the
>disk correctly, but when I run Mkfs on the new user and/or root
>partitions, the file system specs dialog that comes up has all of its
>default values (aside from file system size) set to 0.

I think all you really need to fill in is the bytes-per-sector block. All
the other values will be recomputed based on this and the disk partition
size.  I wouldn't suggest changing the disk partition size in this
display, although you can.  And if you're using the latest mkfs-1.2 it
will ignore this to keep you from doing to much damage to your disk.

-bob