Subject: Ok, Sorry, I repent. (630 booted)
To: NetBSD for Mac 68k list <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael Bedy <mjbedy@mtu.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/07/1996 01:33:52
	Forgive me, for I have sinned.....

	I, however, plead temporary insanity. Mainly because that's the
only reason I can think of that I could've missed the FAQ on puma the first
time I looked for it, way before I started asking questions. All you people
were probably thinking 'gee, the answer to that is in the FAQ, I wish he'd
go away.' I assure you I do know the sacred rules of the Usenet and
mailing-lists.

	At any rate, please forgive me, and believe that I'm not usually as
clueless as I must've sounded. Tonight as I surfed on through puma, I found
the FAQ, and the clouds lifted, and the heavenly choir began to sing
joyful...

	Ok, enough with the religious motif. Short and to the point: I got
the netbsd.quadra kernal, and I was at the DB> prompt in about 3 seconds
(it booted REAL quick).

	It succesfully detected my SCSI CD-ROM drive, told me I had an
extended keyboard, and a 200dpi mouse, a Quadra 630 (actually a Performa
630 - but I don't expect any program can tell the difference) and started
FPU emulation. It paniced when I couldn't give it a SCSI drive to work
with, a thus I was at the DB> prompt.

	I'm working on borrowing an old SCSI drive from someone who doesn't
use it anymore (only 20 megs, but enough to try it), and if I get it, I
will let you know if it boots all the way.

	To Bob Nestor: it has the 53c96 chip according to NetBSD. Thank you
for your help.

	And my thanks to everybody who has answered me, I appreciate it
greatly.

-=+* "Skating away on the thin ice of a new day." *+=-
                                 -- Jethro Tull
Michael Bedy                 Computer Science major,
mjbedy@mtu.edu               Michigan Technological University