Subject: Re: Daystar 040 testing
To: Sean Sweda <sweda@us.itd.umich.edu>
From: Scott Reynolds <scottr@og.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/07/1996 00:43:36
On Wed, 6 Nov 1996, Sean Sweda wrote:

> We were getting "illegal instruction" errors after booting into single-user
> with the Daystar, when executing commands like 'w' and 'ps'.  Would enabling
> FPSP in the kernel possibly fix this problem?

If the FPSP option was not in the kernel you were using on the 040, you
should enable it.

> This is a IIci and we have been using ncrscsi, would a switch to sbc
> be prudent?

Maybe, maybe not.  I would say avoid it unless you can reliably reproduce
problems with the ncrscsi driver.

> Attempts to write a correct disklabel have failed miserably.

That's because, as far as I am aware, the Booter doesn't support them even
if you enable writing labels in the kernel (which is to say, you've
modified disksubr.c).

--scott