Subject: Duo230
To: None <PORT-MAC68K@NetBSD.ORG>
From: OBinaryElf - UCG 1st CS <BRIAN.FOLEY@UCG.IE>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/06/1996 21:59:17
Hi all,
I just downloaded the 1.9.4 Booter, and the netbsd12 GENERIC #1 kernel, and to
my delight managed to get it partially working on a Powerbook Duo 230 12/120
running System 7.1.
It runs through all the diagnostics in MacOS without hassle, then the screen
clears to white and the following appears.

[ preserving 93836 bytes of netbsd symbol table ]
Bootstrapping NetBSD/mac68k.
Getting mapping from MMU.

The prompt freezes at the line directly after this, and it won't continue.
I've made sure that VM/RamDoubler are off and tried booting without extensions,
but as I suspected, it made no difference.
Turning of and on the VBL interrupts option in the Booter didn't help either.

Has anyone else had any success with booting NetBSD on Duos?
The fact that the console is working seems quite promising to me, and I'm
hoping someone will tell me that I just need to use a different kernel.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks in advance
Brian Foley
-------
Statisticians unite! All you have to lose is your Markov chains.