Subject: D'oh! (was Re: Zip Drives, etc.)
From: The Great Mr. Kurtz \[David A. Gatwood\] <davagatw@Mars.utm.edU>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/06/1996 12:57:58
On Wed, 6 Nov 1996, Michael Bedy wrote:

> software drivers installed to get that thing to work.. Is 94Megs enough for
> a decent installation with X and g++?

As far as I know, Zip drives will work just as well for a boot drive as
they will any other use.

Don't know about the X, since I don't use it, but for everything else, 94
megs ought to be satisfactory for a good installation.  If you find a
cheap 40 meg drive to add to that, you'd have plenty of room for a single
user system.

For instance, my current setup is around 200-250 megs for NetBSD, but 130
megs of that are free.

Later,

|David A. Gatwood             And Richard Cory, one calm summer night,  |
|davagatw@mars              Went home and put a bullet through his head.|
|dgatwood@nyx.cs.du.edu              --Edwin Arlington Robinson         |
|http://mars.utm.edu/~davagatw -or- http://nox.cs.du.edu:8001/~dgatwood |